SK Automotive & Garden Machinery
11 The Moat
T: 01992 252 574
Terms and Conditions of Sale & Delivery
1. By making a purchase on our website you accept the Terms & Conditions below.
2. All goods remain the property of SK Automotive & Garden Machinery until paid for
3. If you need to cancel an order please let our sales team know as soon as possible.
After an order has been dispatched it is not possible to cancel the delivery with our
couriers. Please do not refuse to accept a delivery as a way of cancellation. If delivery
of an order is refused the goods will be returned to us by our couriers.
4. If you refuse delivery of an item you will be liable to pay a surchagre of £12 which
will be deducted from your refund.
5. You can return an item if it is no longer wanted or has been ordered by mistake,
however you will be liable to pay a surcharge of £12 which will be deducted from
6. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check the delivery address and contact information
is correct and up to date at the time of placing an order. If the delivery address or
contact information is incorrect you will need to inform us immediately via our live
chat or phoning our office.
7. If an item has already been despatched there will be a £6.00 surcharge to re-arrange
delivery to the correct address.
8. SK Automotive & Garden Machinery cannot be held liable for sending any orders to
the incorrect address if it is the address that was provided to us at the time of sale.
9. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have a statutory right to
cancel your order from the moment it is placed until 14 days after the goods are
delivered and receive a full refund if, for any reason, you are not entirely satisfied
with your purchase, you change your mind or the goods are faulty or damaged. You
must notify us within 14 working days of receiving the products. We kindly request
that items be returned in their original condition and packaging. If the returned
items are not in a resalable “as new” condition a refund may not be possible. The
extent to which you can handle the goods is the same as it would be if you were
assessing them in a shop. If items are missing from your order, please notify us as
soon as possible. This regulation only covers countries that are member states of the
EU. If you are ordering from a member state of the EU other than the UK please
check your countries regulations on Consumer Contracts Regulations as this may
vary. If you are ordering from a country that is outside of the member states of the
EU this regulation is not applicable, but we will do our best to adhere to these
guidelines in the way your returns are dealt with.
10. If you are returning an item under Consumer Contracts because you have changed
your mind, you are responsible for the return shipping costs. We will refund the
basic delivery cost of originally delivering the goods to you. If you paid extra for an
enhanced service, only the original basic cost will be refunded. If the item is faulty or
incorrectly supplied, we will refund the original basic cost of delivery and the cost of
the return postage. All refunds will be processed within 14 days of either us receiving
the goods back or you providing evidence of having returned the goods, for example,
a proof of postage receipt from the post office, whichever is the soonest.
11. If you wish to cancel non-stock or special order item, this must be done before the
order is placed with our suppliers. Non-stock or special order items that have arrived
with us or are being returned will be subject to a handling charge of 15%. This does
not apply to faulty or damaged items and normal stock items.
12. If you find a part of your order either, unsatisfactory quality, not fit for purpose or
not as described, you must inform us within 14 days of receiving the order. We as
the retailer are given the opportunity to repair or replace any goods of this nature. If
our attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful, you can then claim a refund
or price reduction if you wish to keep the item. If a repair or replacement is not
possible, or the attempt at repair fails, or the first replacement also turns out to be
defective, you have a further right to receive a refund of up to 100% of the price you
paid, or to reject the goods for a full refund. If you don’t want a refund and still want
your product repaired or replaced, you have the right to request that we make
further attempts at a repair or replacement.
13. SK Automotive & Garden Machinery shall not be liable for loss, injury or any damage
relating to parts or machinery supplied by ourselves, warranties extended as far as
those given to us by our suppliers. All parts are only to be fitted by competent
persons. The onus is upon the customer to have full insurance on the items supplied,
either if for the use of the purchaser or purchased with the intent to re-sell. Goods
should be checked upon delivery for damage or faults.
14. We reserve the right to alter our prices at any time without prior notification.
15. If you think you can buy a part cheaper elsewhere, then we will do our best to beat
the price quoted. We must know which company is offering the lower price to
ensure the quality of the same standard as our own.
16. Body panels must be test fitted before painting. SK Automotive & Garden Machinery
will not be liable for costs of painting or coating of panels prior to fitment.
17. The original equipment, manufacturers name, part number, and description are for
reference only and are not intended to indicate or suggest that our parts are made
by the OEM.
Change of delivery address (before dispatch): FREE
Change of delivery address (after dispatch): £6.00
Return to sender: £7.00
Remote collection: £7.80
Damage on a returned item: 20% of the purchase price
Broken parts on a returned item: 40% of the purchase price
Damaged packaging: 5% of the purchase price
Over-sized parcel: £40
Over weight parcel: £40
This Terms & Conditions Policy was written on 1st April 2019 and will take effect from that
date. Any orders placed before this date will still be subject to any previous Terms &
Conditions Policy. We may revise this Terms & Conditions Policy at any time however all of
our current customers will be sent an email to make customers aware of any changes and it
will be posted under the news section of our website.